CARIBE WAVE/LANTEX 2013
Preliminary Executive Summary CARIBE WAVE/LANTEX 2013 Tsunami Exercise
Webinars for CARIBE WAVE/LANTEX 2013
- 24 de enero en español Seminario presentación - pdf
- 25 January in English Seminar Presentation - pdf
- 14 de febrero en español Seminar Presentation - pdf
- 15 February in English Seminar Presentation - pdf
- PTWC Enhanced Products for CARIBE EWS
- Register by March 18, 2013 to receive Tsunami Messages during CARIBE WAVE/LANTEX 2013
- Exercise CARIBE WAVE/ LANTEX13 Participant Handbook
- How to Plan, Conduct and Evaluate Tsunami Exercises (English | Español)
- LANTEX 2013 Presentation (English)
- Submit CARIBE WAVE/LANTEX 2013 Post-Exercise evaluation by April 1, 2013
- Animation of the Tsunami Propagation of the Caribe Wave Scenario in the Caribbean
- Animations of Tsunami Inundation of the CARIBE WAVE Scenario in Puerto Rico
Additional Websites for CARIBE WAVE/LANTEX 2013:
The Caribbean Tsunami Warning Program (CTWP) was established in 2010 as the first step of a phased approach for the establishment of a Caribbean Tsunami Warning Center (CTWC). As funding permits, its staff will continue to grow over the years to meet the requirements of a CTWC.
This office currently provides support and guidance for tsunami observations, including seismic and sea level systems, tsunami forecasting, communications and education and preparedness. It works closely with the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center and the West Coast and Alaska Tsunami Warning Center which are currently providing tsunami warning and guidance to the Caribbean.
The CTWP also interacts and participates in the UNESCO Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission’s Intergovernmental Coordination Group for Tsunamis and Other Coastal Hazards Warning System for the Caribbean Sea and Adjacent Regions. The staff is fully bilingual in English and Spanish and provides briefings and materials for use by the general public, government, scientists and broadcast media.
Over the course of the next years personnel will be recruited in the areas of seismology, oceanography, electronics, information technology, education and outreach and administration. The CTWP is hosted by the University of Puerto Rico at Mayagüez and its Puerto Rico Seismic Network.
National Weather Service
Caribbean Tsunami Warning Program
c/o Puerto Rico Seismic Network
259 Boulevard Alfonso Valdés
Mayagüez, PR 00680
Tel. 787-833-8433, 787-265-5452
Web Master's E-mail: email@example.com