Groups are welcome to take a tour of the National Weather Service Forecast Office San Juan, located in Carolina, under the following guidelines:
1. Group size is limited to around 20 people.
2. Age is limited to 4th grade (around 9 years of age) or higher.
3. Tours last about one hour, shorter for younger age groups and longer for more mature groups with lots of questions.
4. Tours are adjusted to the needs of the tour group. Usually tours consist of a slide show presentation and a tour of the forecast area.
5. Tours are arranged in advance based on the availability of the tour group and the staff. Preferred times are during normal business hours (weekdays between 9 AM and 5 PM), but special arrangements can be made for groups requesting tours outside of these hours. Tours are only offered from Dec to May due to the potential for hazardous weather during the hurricane season (June to November).
6. The National Weather Service reserves the right to cancel or postpone tours because of occurring or anticipated weather conditions.
For additional information or to schedule a tour, please send the following information to (Información puede ser enviada en español):
Size of group: