Fast Facts About the
April 14, 2011 Severe Weather Event in Oklahoma
- At least 5 tornadoes occurred, mainly over the southeast third of Oklahoma. Damage surveys are ongoing for many of these tornadoes.
- A preliminary rating of EF-3 has been given to the tornado that affected the town of Tushka in Atoka county.
- A preliminary rating of EF-1 has been given to the tornado that occurred from approximately 3 NNW of Madill to 5 SSW of Milburn.
- A preliminary rating of EF-0 has been given to the tornado that occurred approximately 2 miles NW of Stroud in Lincoln county.
- Very large hail was also reported in several locations, with some areas receiving hail up to the size of softballs (4.25").