Credits, Sources and References for the
Red River Valley Tornado Outbreak of April 10, 1979
- DOC/NOAA, January, 1980: Red River Valley Tornadoes of April 10, 1979. NOAA Disaster Survey Report 80-1, Chapter 1.
- Alberty, R. A., D. W. Burgess and T. T. Fujita, 1980: Severe weather events of 10 April 1979. Bulletin American Meteorological Society, 61, 1033-34. Used by permission of author Don Burgess.
- Burgess, D. W., 1982. Life Cycle of the Wichita Falls Tornadic Storm. Preprints, 12th Conference Severe Local Storms, American Meteorological Society, Boston, 441-443.
- Aerial Reconnaissance photos- Source Don Burgess, OSF; Credit: NASA, Mission 399; Roll: #3; Film Type: 50-397; Frames: 041 to 050; Date: 4/12/1979
- Damage photos - Source: Don Burgess, OSF; Credit: NSSL; Institute for Disaster Research, at Texas Tech University
- Tornado photos - Source: Don Burgess, OSF;
- Harrold, TX photos - Credit: © Wayne Collamore
- Seymour TX photos - Credit: NSSL
- Wichita Falls, TX photos -
- Credit: © Troy Glover
- Credit: © Professor Joe Henderson
- Credit: © Wolfgang Lange
- Credit: © Pat Blacklock
- Credit: © Robert Molet
- Credit: © Winston Wells
- Tornado photos - Source: Gene Moore;
- Seymour TX photos - © Gene Moore
- Thalia TX photo - © Gene Moore
- Doppler Radar images - Source: Don Burgess, OSF; Credit: NSSL
- Satellite images - Source: Dennis McCarthy, Former MIC, NWSFO OUN; Credit: NOAA/NWS