Register for #TLHSpotter Digital + Social Media Spotter Course: October 29, 7pm EDT
Storm Spotting in a Digital Age
We are excited to offer a new type of storm spotter class this fall from NWS Tallahassee! The class is scheduled for October 29th at 7 PM EDT and is in a webinar format. It will be primarily focused around social media and other digital tools, and how you can use those to complement and enhance your usual storm spotting. You can join us in making this a reliable, quality stream of information for our forecast and warning operations.
If you live in our forecast area (map), you may want to consider taking this course if:
- You are a storm spotter who wants to learn more about social networks like Twitter and Facebook, and how the NWS uses them on a daily basis.
- You want to learn about how to effectively use online tools and social media to communicate with our office.
- You usually monitor social media during active weather situations and believe you could be helpful in relaying reports to our office.
- You would like to learn more about what sort of information is useful to us on a daily basis (not including high-impact weather events)
- You want to learn about some best practices and things to be cautious of when using social media during active weather situations.
Even if you don't register, be sure to follow us on Twitter, like our Facebook page, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.
This particular spotter course will not be focusing on storm structure or how to identify different cloud features. You can learn more about those topics by registering for one of our other spotter course offerings - click here for more information.Return to News Archive