NAPLES OBSERVATION HISTORY
The map below provides a chronological position of the observation site for the period of record (January 1941 through the present) including the two present locations (Naples Conservancy and Naples Regional Airport).
1 - January 1941 - January 1950, location on the grounds of the Uihlein Estate, 1 mile S of post office and 233 feet east of shoreline
2 - August 1950 - May 1951, location Chamber of Commerce, only two months of data
2 - May 3 1951 - June 1961, location City Water Plant, Old Naples (probable location)
3 - June 1961 - February 1984, location Caribbean Gardens, renamed Jungle Larry's Safari Land in 1969
4 - February 22 1984 - June 1984, location Naples Water Plant
5 - June 1984 - present, location Naples Conservancy
6 - March 26 2002 - present, ASOS commissioned at Naples Regional Airport (KAPF).
Note - Everglades City (known as "Everglades" since 1893, former Collier county seat from the formation of the county in 1923 to 1960, when it was moved to Naples) has good weather records from February 1924 through the present day.