Forecast Times of Issuance
The Fire Weather Forecast is issued each day by 8 AM local time. The afternoon forestry forecast is issued by 2 to 4 pm. If there are data collection delays, then forecast parameters have to be estimated. The forecast will so state and be sent into WIMS through AWIPS and the World Wide Web no later than 815 AM and 4 PM respectively.
Forestry Updates Will be Done under the following Circumstances:
- when bad weather conditions favor a sudden change in the stagnation
- when sudden increases and decreases of moisture are staged to move over the region...especially during very dry high fire danger conditions
- especially during very dry periods if heavy rains are on the horizon...in which the current rainfall duration needs to be changed so as to include the rainfall amounts
- if a strong cold front is rapidly approaching with possible gusty winds...which could affect transport wind forecasts as well as mixing height forecasts
- lower than expected minimum humidities comes into the region esp when values are less than 30 percent...esp in high fire danger conditions.
Return to Jackson Forestry Data/Operations Index Page