Here are the results for the letter x
- A frequency band of microwave radiation in which radars operate.
- X-Ray Background
- In solar-terrestrial terms, a daily average background X-ray flux in the 1 to 8
angstrom range. It is a midday minimum designed to reduce the
effects of flares.
- X-Ray Burst
- In solar-terrestrial terms, a temporary enhancement of the X-ray emission of the sun. The
time-intensity profile of soft X-ray bursts is similar to that of
the H-alpha profile of an associated flare.
- X-Ray Flare Class
- In solar-terrestrial terms, rank of a flare based on its X-ray energy output. Flares are classified by the order of magnitude of the peak burst intensity (I) measured at the earth in the 1 to 8 angstrom band as follows:
|Class||Intensity (in Watts/m2)|
|B||I < 10-6|
|C||10-6 <= I < 10-5
|M||10-5 <= I < 10-4|
|X||I >= 10-4|
- Very energetic electromagnetic radiation with wavelengths intermediate between 0.01 and 10 nanometers (0.1-100 Angstroms) or between gamma rays and ultraviolet radiation. Essentially all X-Rays from space are absorbed in the Earth's upper atmosphere.
- Expendable Bathythermograph
- Cross Section
You can either type in the word you are looking for in the box below or browse by letter.
Browse by letter:# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z