- 1998 - A tropical disturbance moved into North Texas on this July 4th bringing a respite to the heat wave and drought of 1998. The 0.11" recorded on this day was the first measurable rainfall since June 11th. The heaviest rain of the day occurred between Abilene and Brownwood. After several days during June of around 100 degree temperatures the high this day was only 94°F.
- 1996 - A new record high of 105°F, made this the hottest July 4th on record to date, exceeding the record high set during the heat wave of 1980. A few late afternoon thunderstorms developed, with one storm creating winds in excess of 80 mph in the city of Krum, just south of Denton. Some damage was done to a few homes and barns and a small calf was lifted for a short period of time and landed in a nearby pasture.
- 1995 - Severe thunderstorms rolled into the Metroplex during the late evening hours. During the firework displays both man-made and Mother Nature's fireworks could be seen. Over an inch of rain fell during the early morning hours of the 5th.
- 1980 - The high was a record 104°F following a record highest low of 82°F. The record high was one of 31 days that ties or beat a record high during the summer of 1980. It was one of 69 days at or above 100°F and one of a string of 42 consecutive days from June 23-August 3, including the entire month of July above 100°F. The temperature was, however, considerably "cooler" than the previous day's high of 109°F.
- 1976 - Severe thunderstorms rolled into the metroplex just in time to postpone bicentennial fireworks. After the storms had passed, festivities commenced. DFW Airport recorded 0.90" of rain from the storms. The high for the day was a mild 90°F.
- 1924 - The high was a record low of 71°F, and the low was a record low of 60°F. This was the lowest high ever in July. The temperature at midnight was 70°F; the high for the day was recorded shortly after. There were zero minutes of sunshine. The sunrise temperature was 64°F; and a steady rain began to fall, lasting the rest of the day. Temperatures during the day were in the lower 60s. Noon, sunset and the following midnight were all at 61°F. The lowest temperature ever recorded in July (56°F) was recorded the following day.