Another tornado swept over portions of Lowndes and Montgomery counties in south-central Alabama during the evening of April 24. This tornado first made its appearance about 3 miles southwest of Fort Deposit, Lowndes County, at 9 p. m. and ended about 40 miles to the northeast, in the northern portion of Mongomery County, and about 8 miles northeast of the city of Montgomery, at about 10 p. m. The path was not continuous, and had an average width of 250 yards where the storm struck the ground. On account of darkness, no funnel-shaped cloud was observed, though a loud, roaring noise was heard as the storm past. At Fort Deposit 2 persons were killed, 22 were injured, 50 buildings valued at $50,000 were destroyed, and other damage done to the extent of $30,000. At Shiloh Church, a small settlement 7 miles northeast of Montgomery, 2 frame buildings were partially destroyed, and other damage done, aggregating about $3,000.
Frank P Chaffee, Section Director, Montgomery, Ala May 8, 1908
Monthly Weather Review Volume 36 Issue 5 May 1908 Page 183